Thursday, October 23, 2008

different names for the same thing

Today we started the ever coveted second book in Swahili. The "advanced" book. I am struggling with Swahili at the moment, and the more advanced levels aren't really helping. The good side of doing the more advanced lessons is that we slow waaaaay down to get it, which is helpful for me. There is just so much vocab to remember and I am far behind. It could be the fact that I am nothing like Tim and don't want to study it for another three hours a day when I have already studied it for five hours through out the day, though if there is anybody that should study... it's me.

The lack of academic structure is not treating me well either. I am a huge procrastinator, which means that I have not done as nearly as much as I should. Sure, I have started my other classes, but I feel that I am fairly far behind in them. I know that this is more than likely a mirage, and that if I were to sit down for a day or an hour and just work as hard as I can at them I would probably be up to where I think that I should be.

On a completely different topic... We are headed to the cattle market once again this weekend. This time around should be better, considering I had a good/miserable time. I loved being there but I felt terrible the whole time, this was the beginning of my bout of malaria. I am really looking forward to this cattle market, because I think that I missed out on quite a bit on the last one.

I wish there was something deep to write about right now, but I can't really think of anything at the moment. I can't think of anything really shallow and pretentious to right about... Hmm... Maybe I should get checked for malaria again...

Peace,
PHW

No comments: